Friday, March 11, 2011

i am grateful

After talking to Jason about trying to plan tonight, and feeling frustrated about various things, I started thinking about everything that I was angry about. I felt myself tense up, and I realized quickly that this was not going to help. So, instead of continuing to focus on that, I decided to make a list of things I'm grateful for. (And I feel better!)

I am grateful...
  • For a wonderful sunny day. For the melting snow.
  • For Jason. He evens me out. (Even though he drives me nuts sometimes.)
  • For the chance to graduate in May.
  • For Josh not caring when papers are late.
  • For Bill not failing me.
  • For Justine, who showed me it’s possible to go for what you want.
  • For Cassie, who reminds me that all things are possible… with the right attitude.
  • For my jobs… for feeling like I should pay the families for the chance to learn from their kids.
  • For stupid Scott Walker, who managed to get a group of apathetic young people to care about politics.
  • For the chance, every morning, to start again.
  • For having the means to decide to be healthy.
  • For my new computer, which allowed me to sit at Starbucks this morning to work on my paper.
  • For having the option to choose: I can choose to eat healthy, to spend less money, to put stuff away, to get some exercise, to be positive instead of negative.
  • That I can read.
  • For the high school and middle school teachers who are teaching their kids to protest when someone is doing something other than what was agreed upon.
  • For having the means and time to go to school. I forget sometimes that it’s a privilege.
  • For living in a place where we can object to political activity. I cannot imagine being persecuted simply because I don’t agree with what the government is doing.
  • For all my blue things. Blue calms me and brings joy to my life. 


1 comment:

  1. I can tell we are the bestest of friends because of our similar thinking; I was making a list of all the things I am grateful for this week as well. It puts things in perspective when I'm stressed out. We think alike :) We must be learning from each other. I'm grateful to have YOU as such a supportive friend through all my crazy "dream" following. Thank you for being you, Harriet. xo

    ReplyDelete