Wednesday, March 23, 2011

and breathe...

Today hasn't been the best. After a week away from school, it was tough to get back into the swing of things. I got my critical theory exam back, and I got a C on it. :(

Worse than that, I don't even think I deserved a C... the professor read out some answers that deserve A's, and mine wasn't even close. As far as I'm concerned, I deserved the F I thought I was going to get.

To top that off, I still have no idea what the professor wants when he asks questions in class. I always feel dumb when I try to answer and he swats away my answers. Bah!

Ok. Regroup. 

J talked it through with me, and I have a better idea of how to study for the next exam. So, I will try to a) read through the assignments and get a better idea of what's going on before class, and b) try to map the ideas out on some poster-board, so that I can have a clearer idea of how things interconnect. 

On a more positive note, I am grateful that I have a husband who would do anything to work through things with me, even if he doesn't understand what's going on. I'm also grateful that I have the capacity to see that my current methods are not working for me, and the drive to try and find something better. 

 ***
Highlights of today:
-I went grocery shopping and bought lots of fresh things! Spinach, asparagus, avocado, mango, romaine, green onions, cauliflower, mushrooms, greek yogurt, feta, and dry beans. (They are much cheaper than canned, but I've never used them before, so we'll see how it goes.) And the trip was relatively cheap. :) [Woodman's is noticeably less expensive than Copp's.]
-It's been raining on and off all day... and I just heard thunder. Perfect weather for a Friday Night Lights marathon and a glass of red wine.
-I bought some salt and vinegar chips. AND I DIDN'T EAT THE WHOLE BAG. :)
-I made roasted asparagus tonight... it was easier to make and better tasting than I expected. 
-I bought "Everything" bagel-thins. Loving the bagel- and sandwich-thins.
-I started the day with a mushroom, spinach and feta omelette... perfect!

Now, I have to get my butt in gear with this paper. Despite my reservations, I do want to graduate this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment