Tuesday, May 10, 2011

(finally) getting rid of stuff

I've been moving things out of our "junk-room" and taking pictures of stuff for sale for the past 3 hours. 
Bah!
I have discovered a couple of things though...
J has at least two pairs of shoes in there that he didn't know he had. Now, I have a hard time understanding this particular notion, but I guess we shop differently, and they may also have been Christmas presents somewhere along the way. 
Either way, we're getting rid of a ton of stuff.
Like this:
We used it for the wedding, and while I love it, we really just have no use for it. I hope it finds a happy home.

I also discovered other various dishes that we used for the wedding... and I love them as much as I did when I was shopping for the wedding. [For not really wanting to have a big to-do for the wedding, I really enjoyed running all over Madison to the various TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores to find all the bowls, platters, and serving dishes.] And I'm sad to get rid of these little bowls, but they are more appropriate for dips than for eating out of, and we really just don't have dip that often.


Oh well. I'm actually really glad we don't have a house at this point-- I'd be tempted to keep all of this stuff, and I really don't want that life. Here's to getting rid of stuff and reducing clutter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment