Tuesday, April 26, 2011

i want a baby.

Not all the time, mind you. I just want to hold a baby for a while, get to marvel at the 'little-ness', maybe even rock the baby to sleep.

And then give the baby back to his/her parents.

As much as I love babies, and little kid related things, I don't think I'm quite at the point in my life where I could be a mom... full-time. As far as I am concerned, this part-time gig is really where it's at. You get to be a (major) part of a kid's life, but still have a life of your own.

Yet.

Yet, when I see pregnant women I sometimes feel jealous. Not of them soon becoming moms, but that they get to experience that new-ness. The thought that this little tiny creature in your arms will someday (God willing) be a full-grown human being with his/her own opinions, thoughts and fears... but for now, he/she is just so darn tiny and new and perfect.

Being witness to the magic of a newborn is really something everyone should get to experience (preferably before having your own kids). That little being, that tiny person... a baby literally has an entire life-time ahead of him/her.

What an amazing concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment