Thursday, April 7, 2011

date night

J and I had a date night last night... we tried a new restaurant (Bandung Indonesian) because we had a Groupon for it, and went to see a movie (with a 2 for 1 deal), and we went for drinks at the Great Dane between dinner and the movie. Success!
I tried the Pad Thai at Bandung, and it was great. It was slightly spicy, with peanuts, beef, and some strips of fried eggs. J had lamb skewers over mini rice cakes and some cucumbers. Both meals were delicious, but mine was quite a bit more food than J's, so I shared. :)
We saw Insidious, and it was... interesting. Haha! It was definitely less scary than I thought it would be, and some of the things were funnier than they were horrific. Eh-- I'd give it a B-. It was still good to get out!

I'm liking this new scheme for date night-- making a sport out of doing as much as possible while spending as little as possible. We still have another 2 for 1 deal for movies, some lazer tag passes, some kickboxing passes, some cooking classes, and some other restaurant deals lined up. I'm excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. You're making me hungry. YUM! Sounds like you've got some good Groupons to use soon :)

    ReplyDelete